1.24.2014

A crowd-pleaser: Soy Sauce + Brown Sugar Salmon

I love salmon. It's delicious, healthy for you, and rich in omega-3's which apparently are in fact very good for you. One of my favorite ways to cook the salmon is with this marinade I have adapted, and moved around, and changed as time goes on...but it is my favorite marinade even for chicken too!



Ingredients


1.5-2 lbs of salmon fillet
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons powdered ginger
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil

Directions


Whisk together all ingredients

Place the salmon fillets in a ziploc bag, pour in marinade and let it hangout for at least half an hour.
*This would be even better if you let it sit overnight, a punch of flavor!! 



 Preheat oven to 375 F

Place salmon fillets (with marinade) in a sheet pan for 17-20 minutes and enjoy! (I have a glass one...but I'm sure any kind will do just fine)

Some good sides to serve this with could be couscous, sweet potato fries, a spring salad, or even some rice!

I LOVE this easy recipe, and it really is an all-around crowd pleaser! Even the most basic of cooks can pull off this winning dish to impress your pals! Enjoy it!

Love, Love

Andrea Fer


4 comments:

  1. my momma eats salmon almost daily and she's going to freak outttt when she sees this recipe haha! and since it has brown sugar in it, i might just nip a bite or two off of her plate ;) thanks for sharing this!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlen,

    I'm OBSESSED with salmon here lately. I've been cooking it left and right, and made it with a lemon-dill marinade last night! Sooo delicious! It makes me feel better that I'm eating "healthy" too!

    Andrea Fer, Not Quite Grown Up Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh what an interesting marinade! I'm a huge fan of salmon, and I usually eat it with a curried marinade. This sounds interesting, and seems quite tasty. Can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing! Hope you are having a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akshara,

      Yes, I'm a big fan of this recipe. I really like using curry powder in a couscous recipe that I made a lot in college! I need to put that recipe in this blog! thank you for reading!!!

      Andrea Fer, Not Quite Grown Up Guide

      Delete

Comments make my day, I love that you have something to say!

Love, Love

Andrea Fer